Thursday, March 21, 2013

Treat Topper and Popcorn Recipe


I love Spring!  When the flowers start to blossom and the warm sunshine comes out after a long winter I feel happy.  This seems to bring out my creative side.  Because I was feeling some joy I wanted to share it with my neighbors and friends.  So I made some springtime treat bag toppers.


I created these in Heritage Collector Storybook in a 5.5 x 10.5 size to fit a little larger treat bag. I purchased the digital scrapbooking kit from Echo park paper on Jessica Spragues web page. The kit is called Springtime.  http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.tabs.tpl&product_id=1213&category_id=10&keyword=spring&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=295


I popped up 2 bags of microwave popcorn and then whipped up some candy coating with a little yellow food coloring added. Recipe came from chocolate, chocolate and more.com.  For the flavoring I used vanilla and coconut.




Keep freshly popped popcorn warm in a large baking pan in 200 F. oven. Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Cook to 250 F without stirring. Remove from heat. After boiling action ceases, add flavoring and soda. Stir in quickly but thoroughly.  Pour at once while foamy over warm popcorn.  




The kids and I love this popcorn and what better way to share it wrapped up with a cute spring topper! These would also be fun to mold the popcorn while still warm into an egg shape in any color you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment