Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Fever


It was a long winter this year in Utah.  So you can imagine how much I was looking forward to spring.  I was thrilled to see my daffodils and tulips beginning to grow in my front yard.  I spent some time this past week clearing out all of the debris left over from winter.  While I was working in my garden beds I began brainstorming what I could make to celebrate spring for my home.

I decided that I needed to bring a little spring sunshine indoors to enjoy too!  So I designed a print to put in a frame for the kitchen.  I used Heritage Collector Storybook to pull it all together.  I used some graphics from a kit from Jessica Sprague called Springtime.  http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.tabs.tpl&product_id=1213&category_id=10&keyword=spring&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=295

It didn't take long and I even tried out a new font.  I think the print still needs a few more flowers to frame the text. Even if I do nothing more it was fun to design.

 I had to alter the size of the print just a little to fit my 5x7 frame.  This was very easy to do in Storybook.  If you are like me sometimes the frame has a slight lip on the inside of the frame.   I discovered that when you slip your print inside the frame you lose a 1/4 inch on all sides.  I can now personalize my print to fit that slight difference for a perfectly framed print.  Happy Spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment