Friday, April 4, 2014

Pedestal Birdhouses




These were so much fun to make. I love filling my flower box centerpiece with fun spring decor!  What inspired it all was my no sew table runner I made last week.




After I finished making the runner I decided that I still needed something to complete my project.


My sister told me about these unfinished birdhouses at Walmart that were very reasonably priced.  So I picked up these three and one more not pictured I will add it later.  My sister is super creative and you can check out her blog for some amazing ideas!  http://heritagecollectorstorybook.blogspot.com/



So while at the store I found some paint to match the decor of the runner.  The pedestals were purchased from the wood connection and painted cream to match my flower box. 


These would also be darling with some scrapbook paper.  I can think of many ways to dress up these little birdhouses.  I couldn't be happier with how this project turned out.  My kitchen table looks like spring has arrived!


In keeping with a spring theme I also added this fun little birds nest in mini cake dome.



This is how my runner looked before the pedestal birdhouses.



No comments:

Post a Comment