Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mothers Day Door Hanger


Mothers Day is coming in a few weeks!  I wanted to make something simple for my kids to fill with a few of Grandma's favorite things.  I have seen a few creative door hangers and the other day I saw one on a blog that caught my eye.  The instructions I followed were found here.  http://www.doodlebugblog.com/2012/01/tuesday-tutorial-valentine-door-hanger.html

There are a lot of ideas you could use for this simple project.  Fathers day, birthdays, Christmas, school teachers, a neighbor gift.  Really anything you would want to create and slip a treat inside and hang on a door.  I made mine about an inch wider than the directions.  Instead of using plain card stock I altered it to create digitally in Storybook. I used the digital Maggie kit from Lori Whitlock found on Jessica Sprague.

We are excited to add some flowers, a card and a little treat to our bag.  Hope you have fun creating your own.  Don't forget to check out Heritage Collector Storybook that makes it easy to personalize and create your own unique gifts!

I am already planning to make some more of these door hangers for my sons birthday and for my children's teachers, I may even create some for a new neighbor who is moving in soon.  Endless possibilities! Check back soon for a Mothers Day card idea.


Happy Spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment