Friday, May 10, 2013

Mothers Day


This weekend is Mothers Day.  I have been thinking about the wonderful mothers and grandmothers in my life.  I love that I have a chance to celebrate them on a special day!  So as the week has progressed I have been busy as most mothers are with birthday parties, household chores and a sick child. As well as trying to get a garden planted.  You all know I share the busy life of a typical mother! So I haven't had as much time to create a card that I wanted to make for the special women in my life.  So you can imagine how thrilled I was to find this beautiful quick page.  That's right it was all created through the generosity of a great designer.  http://bcdolls.com/blog/ I signed up for her newsletter to receive the quick page.

So all I had to do was pull the quick page into Heritage Collector Storybook.  Once the page was downloaded I could pick from any of my family photos and slide one behind the page.  Once that was complete I was able to add a little of my own personal touch to the card.  I sized the page down to a 4x6 size.  I think this would also be great as a 5x7.  I sent my print to Costco and it should be ready just in time!  Because I didn't get this card in the mail earlier this week it may arrive on Monday.  So I can also email this to each special lady as well.  I love how easy it is make a beautiful project with a quick page and this is so simple to do. What I love though is the personal touch it adds to a card that probably won't simply be thrown away but can be enjoyed for a while.

Happy Mothers Day to all of the beautiful mothers this Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment