Friday, November 1, 2013

Thanksgiving and Gratitude


The month of November is upon us. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving later this month. I enjoy this wonderful holiday spent enjoying the company of family as well as taking time to remember our many blessings.  I feel like Thanksgiving is often overlooked between the fun of Halloween and the joy of Christmas.  So this year I decided that as a family we would make more of an effort to focus on all of the blessings we have been given.  I still have young children at home that would enjoy this project.



As I was brainstorming some ideas to accomplish this goal. I decided that each day during the month of November that we would add a "thankful leaf" to our tree.  I thought of this idea back in early October as I was looking around at a wood craft shop.  I was delighted to find a craft kit called the Thankful Tree.



Included in the kit was a wooden tree, heart cutouts and some vinyl lettering.  I printed out a 12x12 pattern paper from Boutique Cute dolls blessings kit along with some leaves. I thought the colors of the paper were lovely and would be perfect for a fall tree. I painted the tree trunk brown and the two hearts an off white color.  Then I traced the paper to fit the tree and glued it to the back of the wood.  I printed and cut out the leaves with items our family is grateful for. 




This was such a fun project to create.  I am excited to display and fill up this tree with all of our blessings and  the many things we are grateful for.  I am so blessed with a wonderful husband, beautiful children and cherished parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  Family means the world to me. As well as good friends. I hope you enjoyed this project and you will also take the time this month to appreciate your many blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment