Saturday, November 30, 2013

Mini Calendar Gift Idea


I couldn't wait to show you this fun framed mini calendar!  I love a project that is simple to put together.  I  love making and receiving useful personalized gifts!  So when I came across this darling calendar kit from Boutique Cute Dolls I just had to make some mini 3×3 calendars to give as gifts this Christmas. You can never have enough calendars around the house.  I love curvy frames and chipboard.  For this tutorial I made one of each.  The chipboard obviously is less expensive to purchase.  I thought it would be great for adding magnets to the back of the chipboard and hanging on the fridge. The wood frame  would be nice to display on a desk or counter, nightstand etc.  Really anywhere that you need to have quick access to the calendar.




 The items I used  for this project were a chipboard and a wooden frame.  I chose an opening with a 3×3 size.  The calendar file shows a 6×6 size.  I shrunk mine down to fit the frames.  I painted the wood an antique white color with a sponge brush.  While the paint was drying  I printed the file out  on card stock and cut them out.


 The items you need for this project are your choice of chipboard and a wooden frame.  I chose an opening with a 3×3 size.  The calendar file shows a 6×6 size.  I shrunk mine down to fit the frames.  I painted the wood an antique white color with a sponge brush.  While the paint was drying  I printed the file out  on card stock and cut them out.   So what do you think?  Are you ready to download the 2014 calendar file and make some for Christmas gifts?  I just could not pass up on making one for my kitchen counter too! Such a fun and simple way to share a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment